For our client we are looking for a Service Desk Technician.
Purpose Of Position
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for delivering 1st contact support to the global organization from the GBS organization. The areas of support include, but are not limited to, IT infrastructure and application support as well as GBS-related Finance and HR support.
- Responsible for delivering 1st contact support at the GBS Service Desk
- Ensure that the global policies, processes and procedures are followed.
- Proactively suggest new ways of working and improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Actively participate in process improvement
- Actively participate in building and maintaining Knowledge base articles related to the end user support.
- Take ownership of the support tickets generated
- Adhere to the ways of working and procedures to ensure consistency and quality in the underlying data and information as well as timely and relevant communication with the end users.
- Keep end users informed of the status of all tickets at all times.
- Deliver support within the defined SLAs and take action whenever an SLA breach is imminent.
- Identify, suggest and provide end user training and knowledge.
- Participate in projects when needed.
- Work together with the other functions during a project transition to ensure quality in the production cut-over and early-life support.
- Participate in User Acceptance Tests when necessary
Proactively escalate needed changes in the support processes to increase efficiency, quality and end user satisfaction.
Determine whenever a Knowledge gaps occurs and work towards getting the necessary Knowledge base articles created.
- Excellent customer service focus
- Act with a “Customer at heart” attitude, always acknowledging the user’s needs.
- Works in an organised and structure way
- Proactiveness and understanding of business criticality.
- Problem solving skills
- Flexible and a “can-do” attitude.
- Team player
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum of a high school education or similar
- Minimum of 3 years of Service Desk first line experience
- Experience of working in and knowledge of IT support processes
- Skill in the Microsoft end-user environment
- Basic understanding of Microsoft service software and related operation server management tools
- Understanding of process automation through IT enabled solutions is a plus
- ITIL foundation v3 Certificate
- Fluent in English, spoken and written