For our client we are looking for a Buyer.
Would you like to work in a truly global context in a fast-growing market? We are looking for our next buyer within the strategic supply team.
Purchase materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. Ensure purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures. Identifies new suppliers in cooperation with relevant category team. Qualifies new suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Quality and Engineering specialists.
• Strategy – executing and contributing to setting the strategy for our global supply base alongside the global category manager as well as your peers in the sister factory in China.
• Supplier identification – Identify and qualify new suppliers in cooperation with relevant category team.
• Negotiations – Negotiate price, terms and conduct periodically renews with suppliers.
• Bid analysis - Analyzes and evaluates bids in order to determine the optimal value.
• Supplier performance - Oversees supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time), and resolves performance issues.
Key Qualifications/ Personality:
• Good communication skills. Able to discuss both technical issue and finances depending on situation and receiver.
• Engineering background preferred but not a must.
• Structured, self-going and able to prioritize.
• Informal leadership skills. You will not have responsibility for employees but nevertheless your will be leading the activities within the category.
• Team player that likes to have fun.